In an annual review for advisors, Mindy Diamond and Louis Diamond look at the past year and how activity and trends are already coloring what we expect to see as the driving forces of change for 2023.
They dive into details on recruiting, where advisors went, the state of deals and M&A, and much more in their recap of 2022—then explore their predictions and expectations for 2023, including:
- Where recruiting deals are headed—and how changing competition will further impact offers.
- The shifting recruiting pendulum—and where more advisors will move to in the coming year and why.
- The rise of competitive deals from high-end RIA firms—and how they will rock the market amongst those serving high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients.
- Retire-in-place incentives—and why big firms are expected to push advisors to sign now more than ever.
- Increased compliance scrutiny—and how it will drive vulnerability and movement.
- The new hot commodity in the advisor talent pool—and why more activity is expected amongst this group.
- An acceleration of breakaways from RIAs—and why these independent advisors are the next “wave” of movement in the space.
- The popularity of multiple affiliation models—and why this is expected to be one of the hottest growth areas in the market.
- The expanded role of independent broker dealers and independent platform firms—and how this expansion will attract more advisors to the independent space.
- A shake-up in the custodial space—and how names like Goldman and others will provide the cachet many elite advisors have been looking for.
- The changing appeal of banks—and how that will further shift movement.
- And much more for advisors and business owners alike.
We expect that 2023 will be the year that advisors take a step back and conceptualize not just how to maximize the value of their business and annual compensation, but how that translates into achieving their best business lives.
That is, every advisor will have the opportunity to maximize their career enterprise value. Listen in and learn how.
Download mentioned in the episode: MaxCeV™: How to Maximize Your Career Enterprise Value
This formula seeks to provide a process by which an advisor can “calculate” the sum total of 4 key factors—to conceptualize what their career enterprise value really is and how to achieve it.