Sponsored by LPL Financial
In this episode, David Armstrong talks with Kay Lynn Mayhue, president of Merit Financial Advisors, about the $7 billion firm’s aggressive growth trajectory.
Kay Lynn discusses:
- The strategy that’s fueled Merit’s aggressive growth rate since 2017;
- Merit’s “hub and spoke” approach to acquisitions and partnerships;
- How Merit evaluates its acquisition prospects—and what will kill a deal;
- The long search for a capital partner and learning which equity investors made sense—and which didn’t;
- Why Merit separates client development from the advisor’s role and centralizes financial planning to accelerate organic growth; and
- Why technology is a significant part of Merit’s budget.