In this first episode of the Wealth Management Edge Podcast, shot live on location at Wealth Management EDGE, the largest independent gathering of financial advisors, BlackRock’s Michael Lane and Informa’s Mark Bruno discuss the rapidly accelerating opportunities for financial advisors in today’s market.
Specifically, Mark and Michael discuss:
- Why this is a once-in-a-lifetime growth opportunity for advisors—and where the largest pockets of opportunity exist
- The largest changes in the investment and wealth management needs of today's investors
- How these needs will continue to evolve, and how advisors should be thinking about aligning their services and businesses to be more in sync with the true needs of their next generation of clients
- How BlackRock is investing in tools, resources or solutions that can help advisors optimize their businesses and capitalize on future growth opportunities
Connect With Mark Bruno:
- LinkedIn: WealthManagment.com
- LinkedIn: Mark Bruno
- Twitter: Mark Bruno
- LinkedIn: Informa
Connect Michael Lane:
About Our Guest:
Michael Lane is Head of iShares U.S. Wealth Advisory and a member of the US Wealth Advisory and US iShares Executive Committees. Working with financial advisors for nearly three decades, Michael oversees the development of advisor centric solutions, due diligence and implementation of iShares, helping advisors build better portfolios with core, fixed income, factor and model-based ETFs.
Prior to joining iShares at BlackRock in 2018, Michael served as the Global Head of Strategic Retirement Initiatives at Dimensional Fund Advisors, responsible for the strategic development and global distribution of retirement solutions for one of the world's premier asset managers. During his 14-year tenure at Dimensional, Michael played a range of leadership roles, including CEO of Dimensional SmartNest LLC, providing customized managed account solutions for defined contribution plans. He additionally worked in the office of the chairman as well as leading the development of the retirement, broker-dealer, bank and TAMP businesses. Prior to Dimensional, Michael served as a director of advisor services at TIAA-CREF.