Welcome to this week’s edition of 401(k) Real Talk, where Fred Barstein, contributing editor for WealthManagement.com’s RPA channel, reviews all of last week’s industry news and selects the five most important/interesting stories.
- January job growth surges, doubling estimates
- Mariner adds $109B in institutional and retirement plan assets
- RIA M&A dips in 2023
- Only 7% of RPAs would recommend active TDFs
- Are fintech record keepers viable?
- Steward Partners elevates wealth management and retirement planning services with Pontera
- American Funds is launching a new PEP with TDFs
- Small business survey: Reasons for offering or not offering a retirement plan
- Morningstar Retirement, Nuveen collaborate to offer TIAA Secure Income Account
- Survey: More than half of plan sponsors view in-plan retirement income as too complex