In the latest episode of the new podcast series, Focused on the Future, veteran industry leader Suzanne Siracuse talks with Kristi Rodriguez, senior vice president of The Nationwide Retirement Institute, about redefining retirement, appealing to the Gen Z investor and an innovative approach to introducing the financial services industry to diverse students.
Specifically, Kristi discusses:
- Taking a “safety first” approach when it comes to retirement income
- How to best serve Gen Z
- What and who inspired her to spearhead the creation of The Financial Alliance for Racial Equity, a program that actually works in recruiting diverse talent to the financial services industry
- Find a variety of resources for financial professionals at Nationwidefinancial.com
- Resources for working with diverse clients
- Nationwide Advisor Advocate blog
- Learn more about the Financial Alliance for Racial Equity at theFARE.org
Connect With Suzanne Siracuse:
Connect With Kristi Rodriguez:
- Website: Nationwide Financial
- LinkedIn: Nationwide
- LinkedIn: Kristi Martin Rodriguez
- Email: [email protected]
About Our Guest:
Kristi Martin Rodriguez currently serves as Senior Vice President of the Nationwide Retirement Institute for Nationwide Financial, leading the teams responsible for advocating for and educating members, partners and industry leaders on issues impacting their ability to have a secure financial future.
Kristi is an active member of the community, working with several non-profit and social organizations that aid unserved communities throughout the country. Kristi was one of the founding members of the Ohio chapter of The National Association of Securities Professionals (NASP), an organization helping people of color and women achieve inclusion in our industry. Kristi serves as a board member for Kindway, a non-profit organization dedicated to the successful re-entry of incarcerated men and women into the community. Additionally, Kristi is a member of the Board of Trustees for The American College of Financial Services.