Welcome to this week’s edition of 401(k) Real Talk, where Fred Barstein, contributing editor for WealthManagement.com's RPA Edge, reviews all of last week’s industry news and selects the five most important/interesting stories.
- DOL proposed rule redefines “independent contractor” threatening independent broker dealers and raising benefit costs for many
- Emergency savings catching on, according The New York Times
- Transamerica annual study outlines post pandemic benefit landscape
- Stanford University report on how to engage people about to enter retirement
- Euclid attempts to bust myths that cyber insurance is expensive and limited
Other interesting news:
- New venture seeks to rate financial wellness programs on social responsible scale
- Professor Benartzi joins board of firm trying to simplify ESG investing
- Are industry awards pay-for-play?
- DCIO assets take big hit
- ForUsAll responds to DOL motion to dismiss crypto lawsuit