Welcome to this week’s edition of 401(k) Real Talk, where Fred Barstein, contributing editor for WealthManagement.com's RPA Edge, reviews all of last week’s industry news and selects the five most important/interesting stories.
- Despite robust job growth 52% of companies institute hiring freeze
- Creative Planning sees end to buying spree after 12th deal this year
- Schlichter $1.5 million sanction by federal court affirmed
- How emergency savings can help lower paid workers save for retirement
- Small plan and RPA lawsuits coming
Other interesting news:
- Lincoln announces new managed account QDIA with Stadion now owned by Smart
- Is America facing a new retirement crisis?
- Myths about variable annuities
- Morningstar compares how active fund classes fared against their index
- Delaware passes state mandate
Watch past episodes of 401(k) Real Talk