Advisor Anne Marie Stonich was just 28 years old when she and her two partners started building their own wealth management firm from scratch. For anyone in the business, that first year can be brutal. But she did it while also caring for her newborn baby, and shuttling to and from the hospital to see her mother, who’s health was deteriorating. Later that year, her mother passed away. And just six years later, her older brother died suddenly of a heart attack.
In this episode, Diana Britton, managing editor of WealthManagement.com, sits down with Anne Marie Stonich, chief wealth strategist and relationship manager at Coldstream Wealth Management, as they talk about her life journey and the struggles she faced along the way. She shares how her past has allowed her to grow and change who she is as a mother, wife and financial advisor.
Anne Marie discusses:
- The events that unfolded during her first year building the business;
- How she was able to balance her work, a newborn baby and a sick mother;
- The challenges she faced in raising three young kids while running and growing a business;
- The events leading up to her brother’s death;
- How the loss of loved ones impacted her outlook on life; and
- How her experiences have shaped her career as a financial advisor.
If you have a struggle and wish to share your experiences and help others in similar situations, please reach out to Diana at [email protected].