Sponsored by Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
Tim Maurer is a financial advisor and author who most recently took on the role of chief advisory officer at SignatureFD. In this episode of the Advisor Innovations podcast, Maurer talks with David Armstrong about what, exactly, a chief advisory officer does, and how he sees the lessons of life planning and qualitative financial advice being tactically implemented in advisor-client relationships.
- Why he made the move to fast-growing RIA Signature FD after years at the larger Buckingham Wealth Management.
- How he sees his role as a chief advisory officer, and what it means to sit at the nexus between advisor development and the client experience.
- How he’s attempting to embed the lessons from behavioral finance and psychology into the relationship between clients and advisors.
- Why advisors who focus more on the qualitative side of financial planning, as opposed to the quantitative can be more successful.
- How he makes a distinction between advisors as financial therapists, and financial coaches: Most advisors should follow the coaching model.
- What he’s learned from pioneers in the “life planning” field like Kinder Institute’s George Kinder and Money Quotient’s Carol Anderson.
- Most importantly, how the sometimes softer side of financial planning is being coded into advisory firm’s workflows and processes in a scalable, efficient way.
- Listen to the latest episodes of Advisor Innovations
- Tim’s book: Simple Money: No Nonsense Personal Finance
Connect With Tim Maurer:
Connect With David Armstrong:
About Our Guest:
Tim Maurer is a speaker, blogger, author, and financial advisor. As Chief Advisory Officer at SignatureFD he serves as an industry leader to the media and an educator to both consumers and financial advisors. He is a regular contributor to CNBC, Forbes, Time/Money.
Products are issued by Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz). Variable products are distributed by its affiliate, Allianz Life Financial Services, LLC, member FINRA, 5701 Golden Hills Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55416-1297. 800.542.5427 www.allianzlife.com. This notice does not apply in the state of New York.
Allianz Investment Management LLC (AllianzIM) is an investment manager specializing in the development and execution of innovative risk management strategies, with $17.6 billion in AUM. Based in Minneapolis, AllianzIM's investment management is powered by the same proprietary in-house hedging platform that is used among affiliates to help manage more than $143 billion in assets for institutional and retail investors around the globe.1
1 As of 3/31/2023
Risk management is provided by AllianzIM a wholly owned subsidiary of Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America that provides hedging services to the broader Allianz Group.
Allianz and AllianzIM are not affiliated with WealthManagement or the featured guest.