State sponsorship for series 7

or Register to post new content in the forum



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jul 22, 2005 4:50 pm

A quick question that i am not sure about. I heard that some states sponsor people for there series 7 license, does anyone know if this is true or where to get a list of the  states that do sponsor people for there series 7 licenses.

My problem is that i want to take my series 7 test before getting a job. I have been studying the last 2 months for the exam and am ready to take it. This is the direction i want to move my life in now, i am 30 years old and have worked for the last 15 years the last 5 in management. But alas it is time for a career change And i always wanted to be a broker so going to give it a shot.


Any advice is appreciated except if its by put trader PUT TRADER DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD AS IF I WANT TO HEAR AN A$$ TALK ILL F%RT..

Jul 22, 2005 8:07 pm

Put got booted - unless he has another name now its likely he wont respond.

Jul 25, 2005 8:59 am

Newbie, I always thought a b/d had to sponsor you for the 7, so never heard of states being able to do so.  Unlesss someone else knows with certainty, the best way to check is with the NASD – they regulate/operate the exam.

Jul 25, 2005 12:56 pm

I agree 100% about Put.

But you have confused me.  Why not get a job at a great firm (I am at RJ) and have them sponsor you for the test.  RJ has employment options including indepy. so you never have to leave.