or Register to post new content in the forum



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jan 29, 2008 3:17 pm

I am wanting to get registered and take the test for the series 7  and 63 in order to make myself more marketable for working at a wirehouse or bank when I move, but I realize I need to be sponsored in order to take the test. I have read on this forum that some will sponsor me if I pay a fee to be registered, and I would be more than willing to do this if anyone would be willing to help me out. Would one of you let me know what the fee would be and how I would go about this. I would just have a broker do this for me where I live but there are none around me since I live in a very depressed small town in Illinois which doesnt have jobs let alone money. I appreciate any help and responses.

Jan 29, 2008 4:47 pm

Regulations prohibit a broker from “hanging a license”, which is precisely what you’re wanting to do. No reputable firm would do this, and when you try to hire on with a reputable firm, they would immediately see what you’ve done and show you the door. Hardly a way to make yourself more “marketable”.

What you should do, in my humble opinion, is go and visit with the firms in the area where you would like to live/work and explain your situation.

Jan 29, 2008 5:25 pm

People do that with Ameriprise all the time, but who wants that on your U4 anyway?

Jan 30, 2008 1:19 pm

Sorry, I had no idea this wasnt legal, I would never do, or ask anyone to do something not legal, I guess ill forget about getting my license for now, but thanks anyhow.

Feb 3, 2008 5:38 pm


Do what u have to do. While we ALL dream of Mother Merrill, it can omly be a dream of few. Get ur sponsorship from who ever, & move on!