Skip navigation

Series 7 now or after October 1st, 2018?

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jul 30, 2018 2:48 am

I'm in a bit of an odd spot and am debating whether I should take my Series 7 now, or wait until the changes have been made after October 1st, 2018.

I have my 6 and 63, but have failed the 65 4(!) times now. I had planned on getting my 7 at some point, so I figured I would go ahead and sit for my 7 and then hopefully my 66 since I have a 6 month window (about 5.5 months left) before I can take my 65 again.

Because I have my 6/63, I won't be required to take the SIE exam after October 1st, which means my exam will be 125 questions if I wait, versus 250 if I take it now.

I wanted to get some feedback and your thoughts.....would you recommend taking it before or after October 1st? Why? I'm leaning towards waiting mostly because I'd rather take a shorter exam, but obviously each question counts that much more on a shorter exam.

Thanks!

Jul 30, 2018 8:24 pm

Am a Financial Advsior with Series 6 and 63 with a MBA in Finance. I have failed Series 65 3 thrice and I followed Kaplan study plan to the core.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? SUGGESTIONS MUCH NEEDED.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Aug 8, 2018 9:24 pm

You should seriously consider working with a Series 65 Tutor. I have been helping people with the series 65 exam for several years. You can take a look at my firms website by going to http://www.series65examtutor.com

Aug 8, 2018 9:28 pm

For the OP, I would try to take the current exam. As long as you open your window by Sepember 30th, you can take the current exam. Techically, they will still be giving the current version of the exam until the end of January. While the content on the new exam will not likely be more difficult, they are moving some of the easier content to the SIE. Also, the focus on suitability should be even greater on the new exam compared to the current exam

Aug 9, 2018 4:36 am

How much are you scoring now on the exam prep quizes? If you are scoring more than 80%, go now. If not, focus on the quizes until you are scoring more than 80%. One or 2 tests, it will be the same material.

Sep 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Passed the 7 a little over a week ago. Now the big debate....65 or 66? I can open my 66 exam window now or wait another 4 or so months to open my 65.