Series 7, 6, 65, 63

or Register to post new content in the forum



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Aug 14, 2005 6:03 pm

Can someone help me out with this???  These are the registrations I have but am not currently affiliated with a B/D.  Can someone tell me what I need to do before I accept a fee from a client or prospect to generate a financial plan?

Thanks for the help...

Aug 15, 2005 11:54 am

You have to be associated with a broker or your licenses will expire.  So I do not understand your question.

Aug 15, 2005 12:30 pm

You need to register with your state as an RIA, your 65 is likley the license you neeed to be able to accept fees although this varies from state to state check with your Securities regulator here its call office of insurance and financial services.

If you do not register your other licenses with a B/D you will lose them after two years (Not 100% sure about the length of time here)

Aug 15, 2005 12:53 pm

maybee, thanks for the reply

My understanding is that these licenses will expire after two years. I'm in the pocess of selecting an independent b/d so I can place securities transactions when necessary (series 7). These licenses will be held by a b/d within 6 months.  My question relates to the following:

I have the opportunity to collect fees (not a commission and not asset based) for creating financial plans ie cash flow analysis and asset allocation etc...  not the purchase or sale of securities... so, in the meantime, I'm trying to find out if I can collect a fixed fee for these services... and if not, what is required to do so?

 Thanks for the help!

Aug 15, 2005 12:57 pm

Thanks bankrep1… I appreciate the help!