Hire me?

or Register to post new content in the forum



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Feb 26, 2009 9:00 pm

Just worked for my firm for a couple of months … and things have been going bad … My firm says that the slumping economy is making it difficult for them to manage newcomers at the moment so they suggest i start sending resumes out to other firms …

  Any advice on what I should do ?   I have a BBA- Finance from FIU Fall 2008 Series 7 and Series 63 license ... 27 years old  sh*ttiest problem ... i require H1-B sponsorship   Any Advice ?!?!?   Thanks ...
Feb 26, 2009 10:18 pm

go to grad school.   this is a MF depression

Feb 27, 2009 2:42 am

It means he or she isn’t a US citizen and may only obtain a job here if the employer certifies that their job skills are not available by hiring a US citizen. 

Feb 27, 2009 9:54 am


  that blows!    
Feb 28, 2009 9:28 am

Go to an insurance firm.

  People are still dying and becoming disabled.  The smart ones will insure themselves of that risk.   The firm would have a B/D for you to transfer your licenses to and keep them active.
Mar 5, 2009 3:14 pm

Your biggest challenge will be the sponsorship.

  Good luck!
Mar 5, 2009 4:51 pm

If you already have the H1B, you’ll just need to ask a potential new employer to assist you in transferring it over. However there are expenses involved that can get pretty ugly. You might want to ask your present employer if they will offer a favorable recommendation on your behalf. I don’t know if it is permitted but you may be able to meet a new employer part or all of the way on the fees. Check with an immigration attorney to get a better idea.

Mar 5, 2009 4:55 pm

The Indian economy is doing pretty well, maybe my b/d’s service center is hiring S7s.