Skip navigation

100k salary job or INDY PFA under bull

or Register to post new content in the forum

10 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Dec 4, 2005 3:17 am

Curious what everyones opinion is if they had an opportunity to make 100k in 4 years (working flex schedule, 5 weeks vacation, yearly 3% increases, no overtime, sick and holidays) or join an indy firm under a solid PFA ($800k year) who needs a right hand man (including support, solid salary, secretary, training, 70% commission and other extras bonuses).

Since some of you are successful brokers and PFA's if you could start all over with these two options what would you choose? Of course nothing is guarenteed, but with all things being equal.

Dec 4, 2005 3:22 am

PFA easy choice.

Dec 4, 2005 11:34 am

I also think its an easy decision, since one could always fall back on the comfortable position.

Of course when one starts out as a PFA they will spend a few years with little if any breaks. The opportunity to help many people, financial opportunity is wonderful!

Dec 4, 2005 2:28 pm

Executivejock,

What will you do to make $100 in five years?  I think that would depend on my decision.

Thanks, Help

Dec 4, 2005 4:30 pm

I’d rather not go into exact details, but one works from 8-4. The position is extremly rewarding and has a mix of marketing and executive recruiting. For the most part 100k+ in a few years.

Dec 6, 2005 8:57 pm

Exec Jock...

R u still not working as a broker???  Jeez Louis.  Get a job already.

Dec 6, 2005 11:17 pm

wtf is "PFA" anyway?

Dec 6, 2005 11:20 pm

[quote=BankFC]

Exec Jock...

R u still not working as a broker???  Jeez Louis.  Get a job already.

[/quote]

Yep, can't even make up his mind if he wants to be a broker, or take the series 7,  but he's been posting his career advice on this board for MONTHS!

Wait...I got it.....the perfect job for you EJ.......you should become a SALES MANAGER at a wirehouse.  You don't know how to do the job yet, but are perfectly willing to offer your opinion to others on how to get it done.  You would be PERFECT!  I recommend you head to your nearest Morgan Stanley or Merill office and apply for the position!

Dec 7, 2005 2:58 am

He is a virgin teaching us how to f*ck. 

Dec 7, 2005 8:53 pm

Financial Advisor.

May all your holiday dreams come true.