Skip navigation

Journey to T12= $1,000,000

or Register to post new content in the forum

191 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Nov 7, 2011 11:17 pm

Long Shot,

Super well done, Not only is your contact ration great....but the prospects.......whoa....just goes to show....you're a pro....keep at it and good luck with the seminar.

All The Way

Nov 8, 2011 1:24 am

Hey are you really calling to find prospects and then calling the prospects for appointments? Seems like that's your model.  Seems like alot of processes and hope you're not losing ppl along the way.

If you're going to do the appointments model why not call for an appointment from the start, offer some info and when they say sure, let them know you'll be in the area to drop it off..

If you're going to do the find the prospects model why not just use the followup call to go for the account over the phone? You mentioned you're following the 500-day.. he discourages appts.. Most bus. owners actually do prefer reps being direct and to the point. yes/no type stuff. 

Then again if you've considered these alternatives and feel you're better on your current model then of course stick to it. There's lots of ways to get it done I'm sure..  

Props on the dials.. looks like you're putting up some big daily #'s

Nov 9, 2011 1:53 am

decent day. was cut short as usual for a training event..for some reason very tired today..

Dials:202

Contacts:42

Prospects:2

1 meeting set with one pending

Nov 10, 2011 3:05 am

tomm is going to be a sad day...my magic list will run out and am going to have to find a new one.  On a positive note I have been able to pull many very qualified prospects from the list that should develop into a solid foundation to build on.  We will see how the next list goes.  Today was probably my most productive day prospecting.  Lots of good prospects.  A few responded to my seminar and even set a few appointments.  Quite satisfied..Pipeline is full..money is coming in...more is on the way...pushing the ball forward more and more each day..

Dials:291

Contacts:90!!(was going to try and go for 100 but just couldnt force myself to pick the phone up and dial a single number more...)

Prospects:7

3 appointments set

Nov 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Everyone defines contacts and prospects differently. I would suggest one not get caught up in the semantics. After 25 years in sales the only thing I have learned is that it doesn't matter what you call them until they become your client. Until that happens you can call them anything you want. I once knew an insurance agent who was asked to define the people he called on. His answer? " Future clients." BTW, he sold a boatload of insurance policies and made a very nice living. However, he did the hard stuff. He ran leads, worked until 8 or 9 every night. Didn't like his wife much, so this was easy. The question I ask myself is what am I willing to sacrifice now to have success later? The more calls I make (phone, in person, etc.) the more clients I will have in the future. One other thought: instead of counting contacts, why not try counting appointments? Make a daily goal of setting whatever amount of appointments you need to keep yourself busy. I don't stop calling until I make at least 2 appointments. That's 10 a week. This is a bare minimum. That's my goal, anyway. Lately, it hasn't worked out too well. What I want to know from you guys is how are you getting in front of people right now. What are you saying?

Nov 11, 2011 12:05 am

Long Shot,

I just wanted to say how impressive you are at sticking to the hardest part of the job.....daily activities that generate the business. Really, bar,,the guys I worked with in England....you are an animal....a steady, consistent, lead generating machine......all the success in the world and all the merit that comes with it. It is a pleasure to read your daily post, and it is obvious...nothing will stop you getting to T-12......well done mate.

Nov 11, 2011 12:07 am

feel like i got the snot kicked out of me today for some reason..all in all a good day..got my calls in and had some success..

Dials:322

Contacts:75

Prospects:7

New Accounts:1

Appointments Set:1

Nov 11, 2011 2:19 am

[quote=madmatt]I don't stop calling until I make at least 2 appointments. That's 10 a week. This is a bare minimum. That's my goal, anyway. Lately, it hasn't worked out too well. What I want to know from you guys is how are you getting in front of people right now. What are you saying?[/quote]

I'll spend the time meeting people as a last resort. Haven't met most clients. If you want to 'get in front' of people so bad why not knock on their doors and shift your feet? :)

Nov 11, 2011 9:54 pm

@King: I do knock on doors. Our business model doesn't allow for me to open accounts over the phone and never meet the clients. I suppose I could try, but it isn't really the way we do things.

Nov 15, 2011 12:49 am

chop chop chopping away..mentally beaten..have my seminar tomm which I am hoping will go well..social dinners make me INCREDIBLY uncomfortable and i am absolutely terrible at small talk...sad as it is I think i need to make cue cards of sorts to keep the conversations going instead of staring blindly at my guests...ugh..oh well.

Fridays numbers:

Dials:43

Contacts:12

1 appointment set and 1 attended(did not go well...did crap job of assuming they were qualified and def were not...a lesson i seem to struggle grasping..just ask how much $$$$)

Today

Dials:509

Contacts:44

Prospects:3

trying to keep faith in the numbers..i have made quite a few calls over the last two months or so and have some stuff in the pipeline but not nearly as much as i would expect..not sure if i am doing something wrong/calling the wrong people/or just the way it goes...oh well..back at it tomm...chop chop

Nov 16, 2011 3:29 am

mixed day today..struggled getting through the calls and did not really find anything..had my seminare which went well..got a mil+ prospect in the pipeline..he wants to do biz but the wife is very scepticle..came into the whole thing with a negative attitude and had bad body language the whole way...i think she is just slow to trust..we will see how it goes..appointment went well and blah blah mostly the same..back at it tomm...

dials:220

Contacts:23

Prospects...gooser...

Nov 17, 2011 4:29 am

Through my marketing company ... I am in possession of a book of roughly 800 Perspective Clients and all accompanying contact information including personal emails. . .

All perspective clients are net worth +10M most in the 100 of millions

I am being very careful with this information and will only work with the right Broker...

Please call me for more information.

Serious inquiries ONLY please ...

Vincent Mansolillo

239-200-8141

Nov 17, 2011 12:58 pm

294/33/3...busy..finished on a positive note

Nov 17, 2011 10:27 pm

LongShot,

Just to say...well done on your week, I read your daily post and have a lot of respect for the efforts you are putting in. Unstopable....that's what comes to mind......keep at it.....

All The Way

Nov 18, 2011 1:02 am

203/31/1...had a few meetings that took time but did get an order..new day tomm

Nov 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Long shot, been reading your posts from the start...  (you're killing it).  You mentioned a few posts back that you had reached the end of your list.  Just curious, so did you get a new list or did you just start back at the top of your existing list?  Surely, you didn't talk with everyone that was on your existing list - why not just start over from the top and keep it moving.  I'd be willing to bet you would have a completely new set of contacts by just starting over over from the top? 

Nov 18, 2011 7:24 pm

:

Nov 18, 2011 11:42 pm

Hey...LongShot,

Just read through your week...pretty good Big Man.....not bad at all....looks like it's all coming together. Seriously.......you have done well......very well and I wish you a good weekend...see you on the other side of the weekend, swinging the hammer.....

All The Way

Nov 21, 2011 11:24 pm

216/46/2 2 appointments set..been brief since I'm typing on a phone.. Friday was spent doing coursework and a cfp class so didn't get calls in..strangely enough didn't feel guilty..welcomed the breather..gotta lay the hammer down for the end of the year though..my ramp up period ends and the hurdles begin..the goal was to have year one hurdles done by month 3..still on pace but gettin nervous not seeing the numbers on my board..should have a 500k coming in jan which will take Carr of the remaining annuitized but need more for commissions..my manager said if I just keep calling and following up I'll be fine..so trusting I'm on the right path.. Gunna hit it hard tomm..trying to make the most of these days before gobble gobble time..Confidence has taken a hit lately and the holidays are always a depressing time for me so skill focus tomm and the rest of the year is to smile in the phone..

Nov 23, 2011 5:02 pm

358/29/1