Skip navigation

Journey to T12= $1,000,000

or Register to post new content in the forum

191 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Feb 26, 2012 2:11 pm

not sure I would call it quiting.  Did you get a job that you love?  DId the experience at ML help?  I call that a win.  

You can always aggregate bank investors and walk in 5 years 

Straight cold calling is tough.  I think you have to stick around until you get lucky.  Someone leaves, someone throws you a bone, you land a random big gun - all the senior people have said you just have to "hang on".  

A lot of your stuff was pretty inspiring.  1.4 AUM is pretty good in 4-5 months.  Begining pace is exponential - probably on pace to do 6-8 million in year 1.  

Either way, you were tougher than anyone I saw.  I cannot do the numbers you were doing (calls wise).  Being at ML, I know the enormous amount of other crap you were required to do just to keep up with there PMD requirements (conference calls, meetings, reporting, etc), so I commend you bud.  

Anyway - so cal with more money than you need is not a bad thing - EVER.

Feb 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Good for you LongShot....sometimes it ain't worth getting messed up.....I lived 5 years in Mexico and can relate to how nice having beach and sun in the backgrounf to keep a guy's spirits up. either way......it was a lot of fun reading your posts.....good luck out there, and don't be a stranger.....

All The Way

Feb 28, 2012 2:43 am

Hahaha.. Knew it. You could see that from a mile away. That why I ask him what his actual stats were a few posts back. 

Mar 1, 2012 1:22 am

?

Guy that just walked into a 6 figure job, probably partially as a result of his efforts on the phone, and thats a laughing matter?

Smells like success to me.

Cold Calling results in more than just opening accounts.  I have received opportunities within my office simply because some of the veterans see I am willing to put in the time on the phone.  FOr every $1 I have pulled over the phone, I have received $.50 to a $1 in other opportunities.  

Mar 1, 2012 1:33 am

Another talented individual eaten alive by the political morons called BDs. These firms are relegated to buying established books and will never learn how to organically grow a business. Just waiting for another market crash to see these idiots eat each other.

good luck to you and think about getting back in through an RIA. 

Mar 2, 2012 2:47 am

Are you clowns kidding?? Talented?? 1.4 aum in 6 months is completely horrible. I followed his posts and anyone could see he was a loser who wasn't going to cut it. Guy was making 2000 dials a week and doing NO business. How does that even happen?? Must have sounded like crap on the line. Or maybe it was all the 'soul searching' he was doing.... AKA playing his XBox. Success has zero to do with 'putting in time on the phone', it has to do with production. So dont be so proud of yourself because you spend 9 hours a day on the phone, CLOSE SOMEONE. 

Mar 2, 2012 3:56 am

Donk, mind sharing how you've brought in your $100MM+ AUM?  Please tell me you have assets in this range to justify your comments.

Mar 2, 2012 3:27 pm

donk is a troll. good luck longshot. 

Mar 4, 2012 5:28 pm

People like Donk are a big reason people think this industry is full of sosciopathic charlatans. 1.4 MM for your first six months means you'll likely do 5MM the for the full year.

Mar 4, 2012 7:12 pm

$1.4mm being good or not all depends on where it came from (family? Cold?) and where in the country you are.
A lot of people come on here and talk how bada$$ they are and how they are different from all the previous failures. Then a bunch of other 20 somethings pump their ego making them think they are doing great. After being on here for 3+ years I’ve seen a bunch of them, and they fail. It’s just annoying to see and hear it over and over. From what I have seen in trainees, if you need the exterior motivation there is a higher chance of your failure.
LongShot gave a good try, realized he wasn’t going to cut it (or didn’t like it) and moved on. Best to do that now than wait 2 more years and starve out with nothing to show for it. There’s no shame, and I’d say he’s even smarter than most.
Good luck outside the business.

Nov 27, 2012 1:26 am

Hey LongShot,
You still around bro??? whats life like you by the beach…here, getting cold, bit of snow…Arrrrggggg…
All The Way