Skip navigation

Journey to T12= $1,000,000

or Register to post new content in the forum

191 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jan 6, 2012 12:11 am

Wow you guys are very inspirational. I am hoping to be in production in about three months and until then I am trying my best to learn as much as I can about prospecting. 

Currently my aim is to use the phone Mon-Friday, and use networking events on saturday. I am going to try pithcing product and service and see what results I get and stick with the one that gives me the best results

I am going to have about 10-20 scripts that I am going to start practicing soon, each script is a little different based on the product or service offered. 

Lead lists, I am going to create them using various resources. 

I am going to use an old record book like bond guy and enter at the end of everyday the number of calls, the number of prospects, leads, appointments etc.

All I need now is some help refining my script and secondly working on my in meeting skills to work on improving how I interact with the prospect and turn them into a client. It would be bad if I got eveything right and brough them to the office or went to their place of business or home and did a terrible job presenting to them the product or solutions.

Jan 6, 2012 1:28 am

Been trying to post using my phone which is a pita..got back on the phones today looking for biz..I'll give a run down of how things are going when I have a proper key board..tha ls for all the input..

Jan 6, 2012 1:39 am

Too much tracking can lead new trainees down a road to where they lose sight of the mission.

Tracking is an excellent tool when used to decipher areas to improve on, what's working, motivation etc..

Our brains start focusing on dials, contacts, prospects and we never got around to asking Mr. Whatchuwant if he'd like to secure the rate today.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-tracking etc.. as it's a great tool to help.. but I'd MUCH rather see someone simply grab a stack leads or a list of names and say, 'I'll ask every one if they're interested in this bond or if they'll secure one TODAY' then I'll go home. Rather than tallying God knows what.

Jan 6, 2012 1:44 am

Just a thought -

I have added something to my call here lately - When I am calling in my city, I say this is FAdavo from XYZ firm here in "our city", how are you today.

When I identify that I am in THEIR city, I feel I have received a better reception.  When they are even in the immediate area, I will identify more specifically where the office is - "this is so in so from xyz firm around the corner on X rd, how are you today?  

The psychology is simple - they are not going to be arses to people they might see at lunch later that day.

Jan 6, 2012 1:56 am

Harkkam,

You are definitly a SuperStar in the making....easy on the 10-20 scripts.....what...you working in Hollywood for a sit-com?

A couple of good one's and a VERY STRONG call back, re-qualify pitch will save you years........keep it simple mate, build lists to call in the meantime and learn the A-Z of a few well chosen products and services.......with the emphasis on the BENEFITS to the people you are talking to......you'll hit the ground running like that.....you've got a great attitute......simple and consistent.......you'll dominate.

All The Way

Jan 6, 2012 2:42 am

LONG SHOT! Long SHOT!

Harness the fear and anxiety that the hurdles give you.  Use them to steel yourself for the next part of the journey.   No one said that the journey to t12 1 mil was going to be pretty. BG is right - you should be tracking your stats.  You don't need to share them all with us here - but it will tell you what you are doing.

For instance, since XMas, I've made 1500 +/- dials/left 90+/- messages/had 20 +/-people indicate interest in moving the next step (will take card, follow up, etc) of those three self qualified as having sufficient assets for me to work with/booked 2 appointments and closed 700k+ in business that was in the pipeline for a while; but comes from a cold call.

Today, I did a batch of follow up calls to "dead" leads some date back to initial calls from 2007.  Today,in that batch, several people picked up and all indicated continued interest.  Two had disconnected numbers. 

Kicking and Taking (some days kicking and screaming)

Kicking and Taking

Jan 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Hey Buddy,

Just a quick message. I realize how much your daily postings became part of my wind-down routine. Kind of got used to your early evening updates and looked forward to your progress reports. Hope you are well and that things are going your way.

For myself...hit a wall this week, just a bad thought track that kind of took me off course. Anyways....been there before, part of the "ice pick to the mountain" thing. That being said.....things always pan out well with effort so I'm good to go again.

Really hope you are well.......if you have a moment....a quick update from T-12 would be great. Fu%&#% steakhouse bro....fu$%&*$ steakhouse......

All The Way

Jan 12, 2012 12:49 am

Had a good appointment to move about 200k..I'll let u all know what else comes down the pipe

Jan 12, 2012 2:52 am

[quote=long shot]

Had a good appointment to move about 200k..I'll let u all know what else comes down the pipe

[/quote]

Hey are you still cold calling bro?

Jan 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Yes on the cc..appointment booked for tomm with 100k prospect..

Feb 3, 2012 7:10 pm

LS, no updates lately.  How's your business?  Still killing it on the phones?  How fat's that pipeline?  I know I'm not alone in wanting some updates.  You've been a source of inspiration for me, a fellow rookie.

Feb 9, 2012 3:21 am

Hey LongShot,

Kinda miss ya bro......any chance of a quick update........it's like having a great show cancelled mid-season.....where's our hero???? .....

All The Way

Feb 9, 2012 5:55 am

Sorry for the absence..stay tuned..good news coming!

Feb 9, 2012 1:52 pm

Excellent, glad to hear you're around.....i'll stay tuned to this channel for your news....how's the four legged friend????

Feb 9, 2012 3:31 pm

Been hanging on this since October!  About to go into production in a couple weeks.  Great stuff from you guys!  I'll be hitting the phones hard soon and like you I'm in a branch of senior people who do almost no prospecting...good to have others in the battle.

Feb 9, 2012 7:45 pm

Hey Long Shot,

I'm really curious, what are your totals so far? I want to know if all of this is actually working.

How many accounts?

AUM?

Gross Production?

You mentioned you hit your hurdles, but there are quite a few ways to meet that initial obligation without actually being productive.

Feb 16, 2012 3:54 am

Hey LongShot,

How's it looking....steakhouse or doghouse.......you still stacking the chips in your favour.....????

All The Way

Feb 26, 2012 3:17 am

He got canned..... Probably. 

Feb 26, 2012 4:40 am

Didn't get canned but did move on..typed out a long explanation but turns out it did not post.. I had 1.4 mil aum and met all of my hurdles but did not think I had what it took to keep going..I was. Ery fortunate to find a salaried job within the industry that far exceeded what I was making at ml..sure I will not have the upside that you folks do but the trade off was more then worth it in my opinion..I grew up and worked in the north east and have since relocated to southern Cali..stress is all but gone and my day now starts with morning coffee and a walk on the beach with my four legged friend..much respect to all of you that have built a business but to me the juice wasn't worth the squeeze..call it quitting or whatever you want but have a great job now making more then I need and quality of life has drastically improved..open to answer questions and willing to fill in details but this guy is done and feeling good about it.  Good luck to you all and wish everyone much success..

Feb 26, 2012 10:13 am

Way to go on the new job. You can always come back later (with a different company) down the road if you wish.

I quit a few times inside 6 months before going independent years later and doing it on my own. Some simple concepts take a while to sink in, especially with information overload. But of course, consistent motivation has to be there as well. Congrats on the opportunity and so. cali.