Self-settled Domestic Asset Protection Trusts known as DAPTs are a valuable tool in any planner’s toolbox.
In this episode, Marty and Jonathan tackle DAPTs, addressing such issues as:
- What is a self-settled trust?
- What advantages and disadvantages do DAPTs have versus FAPTs?
- What jurisdictions can or should be used for DAPTs?
- What is a hybrid DAPT?
- Instead of a DAPT can you give a limited power of appointment to someone in a non-fiduciary capacity?
- What about the bad fact DAPT cases?