In the latest episode of the new podcast series, Focused on the Future, veteran industry leader Suzanne Siracuse talks with Lazetta Braxton, co-CEO of 2050 Wealth Partners, about how she is structuring her firm to serve the investor of the future, why she doesn’t like the term “mentor,” and why we all need to pay attention to Gen Z.
Specifically, Lazetta discusses:
- Her firm’s business model and how it is allowing people who are income rich and building assets to have access to financial planning and a partner with them on the journey
- The one important conversation that led her to become one of the leading voices in our industry
- Why she is leaning into being a “friend-tor” vs a mentor
- Her advice on working with the media
- Why firms need to be paying attention to what Gen Z is saying
Connect With Suzanne Siracuse:
- Website: WealthManagement.com
- LinkedIn: WealthManagment.com
- LinkedIn: Suzanne Siracuse
- Twitter: Suzanne Siracuse
- Email: [email protected]
Connect With Lazetta Braxton:
- Website: Lazetta & Associates
- Website: 2050 Wealth Partners
- Website: #DoingTheWork Leadership MasterClass
- LinkedIn: Lazetta Braxton
- Instagram: Lazetta Braxton
- Twitter: Lazetta Braxton
About Our Guest:
For Lazetta Rainey Braxton, MBA, CFP®, it’s all about doing the work.
She is passionate about amplifying diversity, inclusion, equality and belonging in the financial planning profession, and does so through financial planning, public speaking, writing, consulting, and coaching.
Lazetta serves as co-CEO of 2050 Wealth Partners, where she provides access to financial planning to individuals and families who desire financial freedom to influence, experience, give and make a difference for their family and future generations.
Through Lazetta’s business consulting practice, Lazetta & Associates, she employs a “no fear, no shame zone” to help financial services firms nurture culturally aware and hospitable workplace environments that ignite innovation and allocate equity amongst their employees.
A sought-after financial expert, Lazetta delivers keynote presentations and workshops with both care and urgency that invite attendees to nurture and advance human capital.
Recognized for her leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, and dedication, Lazetta was named as a Crain’s New York Business Notable Black Leader and Executive, as well as one of the top 10 of Investopedia’s 100 Top Financial Advisors for three consecutive years. Investment News’ honored her as one of its inaugural Women to Watch and Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion recipients. She also received the Association of African American Financial Advisors’ Leadership Legacy Award and the Heart of Financial Planning award from the Financial Planning Association.
Lazetta’s national media presence includes appearances on NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Nightly Business Report, and CNBC’s Closing Bell. She writes on topics related to culture, talent and wealth as a member of the CNBC Digital Financial Advisor Council and a contributor to the WSJ Experts blog, WealthManagement.com, and NextAvenue.org.
In all her endeavors, she is on a mission to create wealth for the common good.