David Canter, Executive Vice President and head of the RIA segment at Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions, joins Mindy to explore the mindset and motivations of the increasing number of advisors making the move to independence, as well as the expanding role custodians play in the space. (Hint: It’s no longer solely about safe asset custody.)
Together they discuss:
- The key factors behind the momentum of multibillion-dollar teams moving to independence.
- The ability to enhance efficiency and client experience through customized technology solutions, products, etc.
- The difference between thinking as a fiduciary and actually acting as a fiduciary and how that matters.
- The real benefits of independence for clients and advisors alike.
- The questions you need to ask yourself to understand if independence is right for you and your clients.
And much more.
As an added bonus, David shares a template for advisors on how to explain a move to independence to their clients, communicating how such a move will help them realize their financial and life goals. And because David believes that the RIA space will only continue to grow, that’s a conversation we expect more and more advisors to have with their clients in upcoming years.
Browse more episodes in this podcast series.
Mindy Diamond is President and CEO of Diamond Consultants in Morristown, N.J., a nationally recognized boutique search and consulting firm in the financial services industry.