Registered Rep. Gift Card Give Away Contest
- Introduction: Penton Media Inc. d/b/a Registered Rep. ("Sponsor(s)") offering the Online Contest ("Contest"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
- Eligibility: Entrant must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who is eighteen (18) years of age or older as of August 30, 2010. Employees of Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family/household members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) are not eligible to enter. Void outside the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
- Start/Ends Dates: Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on Monday, August 30, 2010 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on Thursday, September 30, 2010.
- How to Enter: Visit http://registeredrep.com/rep-forum-survey/ and complete the Registered Rep. Advisor Forum Survey Limit one entry per person, per email address. More than one entry from any person or e-mail address will void all entries from that person or e-mail address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. All Entries must include completed entry form. All Entries must be the fully original creations of the entrants. In the event an insufficient number of entries are received, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and shall be under no obligation to award the prizes. By entering, all entrants warrant and represent that their respective entries are their own fully original creations, and their respective Entries (including but not limited to any materials integrated into their Entries) will not infringe or violate the rights of any third parties, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity/privacy. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate, for any reason whatsoever.
- Drawing: Prize winner will be selected at random from eligible entries received on or about Friday, October 1, 2010 by Sponsor(s), whose decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the Sponsors, whose decisions are final. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail or mail by October 15, 2010. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
- Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded:
One Grand Prize of a $100.00 American Express Gift Card. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize: $100.00.
Sponsors make no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor(s) in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor(s) will substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
- Entries: All entries and requests become the property of Penton Media Inc., d/b/a Registered Rep.
- Affidavit of Eligibility/Release: The potential winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release within  days of prize notification. If winner is a minor (under 18, or under 19 in Alabama and Nebraska), prize will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documents. If the winner cannot be contacted within 10 calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Conditions: Entry constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, picture, likeness, and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity, or promotion for no additional compensation except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsors are not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
- Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor(s) and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor(s) with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right in [its/their] sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor(s) is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor(s) on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest.. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR(S) RESERVE(S) THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY
- List of Winners/Winner’s Name. To obtain name of winner, send a stamped self-addressed envelope after October 15, 2010 to: John Pavlick Penton Media, Inc. 249 West 17th Street, New York, NY 10011.
- Sponsor(s): The Sponsor of this Contest is Penton Media, Inc., 249 West 17th Street, New York, NY 10011.