In the latest episode of Focused on the Future, veteran industry leader Suzanne Siracuse talks with Mike LaMena, CEO of Wealthspire, on how he is ensuring his clients never outgrow his firm’s offering and advice, creating a DEIB strategy that works and why the future of advice is “human.”
Specifically, Mike and Suzanne discuss:
- His unique journey from a volunteer teacher in the Bronx, to working for a top advisor at Morgan Stanley to CEO at an RIA
- Why going from a front office to a back-office role shaped who he is as a leader
- His firm’s focus on offering specialized services and specific areas of expertise
- Why family office services, especially trust and estate areas, are key to his growth strategy
- How he is addressing mutli-generational planning with a “matching” program
- His three-pillar DEIB strategy and why he’s made this a priority
- Why a giving back mindset will attract and retain both team members and clients.
Connect With Suzanne Siracuse:
Connect With MIKE LAMENA:
- Company LinkedIn: Wealthspire Advisors
- Personal LinkedIn: Michael LaMena
- [email protected]
About our Guest:
Mike LaMena is the Chief Executive Officer of Wealthspire Advisors, having joined the firm in September 2017. He has 27+ years of experience building, operating and leading global wealth management organizations. His commitment to service excellence and his fundamental belief in the power of the firm’s independent, conflict-free model of financial advice inspires his enthusiasm to serve clients and expand the business. Throughout his time at Wealthspire, Mike has helped grow the organization to over $20 billion in AUM with 22 offices across the country and more than 300 employees.
Prior to joining the firm, Mike spent seven years at HighTower, serving as president and chief operating officer, playing an instrumental leadership role in scaling the business from a start-up organization to a nationally recognized financial services firm. He began his career in financial services with a 14-year tenure at Morgan Stanley, where he served as executive director of Private Wealth Management Operations in New York, as well as executive director of Private Wealth Management for Asia in Hong Kong.
Before entering the financial services profession, Mike did a year of service as a volunteer high school teacher at Mount St. Michael Academy in the Bronx, NY.