In the latest episode of Focused on the Future, veteran industry leader Suzanne Siracuse talks with Luis Rosa the founder of Build a Better Financial Future LLC, on the importance of authenticity in your approach and your business model, changing the status quo on pricing models, and how his BLX Internship program is cultivating the advisor of the future.
Specifically, Luis discusses:
- How, by sharing his own personal experiences with money, translates into new clients
- His strategy on serving first generation wealth creators.
- Why leading with financial planning is key to capturing the client of the future
- The ground breaking program he co-founded, The BLX Internship
- Why having a specialty will set a practice better up for success
Connect With Suzanne Siracuse:
Connect With Luis Rosa:
- BlatinX (BLX) Internship Program
- LinkedIn: Luis Rosa
- LinkedIn: Build A Better Financial Future
- Twitter: Luis Rosa
- Podcast: On My Way To Wealth
About Luis Rosa:
Luis is the founder of Build a Better Financial Future LLC. He came to the U.S. at age 11 from the Dominican Republic. Growing up in New York City and now living in California, Luis noticed the lack of financial literacy in his community and was inspired by his parents to work hard and pursue an education.
Luis uses his platform to help spread financial literacy via media outreach as well as encourage younger and diverse planners to join and thrive in the industry.
He is the host of the “On My Way to Wealth” podcast, and co-founder of the BlatinX (BLX) Internship Program and co-founder of the SER Latino Advisor Summit. Luis was named one of InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 in 2019 and Financial Advisor Magazine’s 10 Young Advisors to Watch, as well as Investopedia Top 100 Financial Advisors in 2020, 2021, and 2022, and 2023 and named one of 8 Hispanic Personal Finance Influencers to Follow for Money Advice by The Penny Hoarder and NerdWallet.
The BLX Internship Program provides an entryway into the financial planning profession for aspiring Black and Latinx financial planners by helping them obtain paid summer internships with financial planning focused firms.