Welcome to this week’s edition of 401(k) Real Talk, where Fred Barstein, contributing editor for WealthManagement.com's RPA Edge, reviews all of last week’s industry news and selects the five most important/interesting stories:
- With collapse of FTX and ForUsAll lawsuit, the debate over cryptocurrency in DC plan rages
- Do midterm elections bode well for passage of SECURE 2.0?
- What do employers like about SECURE 2.0? https://www.alight.com/blog/what-is-secure-2-0-and-how-are-employers-reacting
- Is there hope to help the 97% of ignored DC participants?
- The one question plan sponsors should ask their advisor to determine if they need to make a change
Other interesting news:
- Fred Reish: A rollover recommendation is a securities recommendation
- Marcia Wagner: IRA rollover compliance rule deadline looming
- DCIIA hires industry veteran as new COO
- Larger providers fare best in JD Power online experience survey
- Another credit card rewards fintech enters the DC industry
Watch more 401K TV videos