Welcome to this week’s edition of 401(k) Real Talk, where Fred Barstein, contributing editor for WealthManagement.com's RPA Edge, reviews all of last week’s industry news and selects the five most important/interesting stories.
Stories covered in this week’s edition of 401(k) Real Talk:
- Job market explodes in July with unemployment at 50-year low fueling the war for talent
- 13% of institutional 401(k) plans make investment changes—who are the biggest winners and losers
- Big insurance marketing organization buys retirement income provider
- Hub International makes 21st acquisition since 2021 with Arizona wealth advisor
- Blackrock partners with largest bitcoin trading platform
Other interesting news:
- The Great Resignation has turned into the Great regret—just 26% of new hires intend to stay
- What’s on the DOL’s regulatory agenda?
- Target date lawsuits causing industry concern
- Mercer projects 2023 retirement plan increases
- IRS extends covid related relief to the end of 2025