Stevyn Guinnip knows secondhand the toll this industry can take on a person’s health and well-being; her father, after all, was a financial advisor with Edward Jones for several decades. Advisors, she says, come into this industry and are told they have to hustle for the first five to 10 years and then will be able to coast. But that’s a lie. Instead, she says, many advisors work themselves ragged and end their careers in burnout. Take the fact that stress for this industry is currently 31% higher than it was in 2008, when we were in a global financial crisis.
In this episode, Diana Britton, WealthManagement.com managing editor, is joined by Guinnip, CEO and Wellthy Advisor at Grow Wellthy, a health coaching company, who shares about her own struggles dealing with physical health and wellness, and how that has shaped the work she does today with advisors.
Today, she’s dedicated to preparing advisors for a better life now and a better retirement in the future. She does so by speaking to advisors in their language, coaching them to think of their health as the most important asset to building wealth.
Diana and Stevyn discuss:
- How Stevyn’s father’s career impacted her professional and personal goals;
- Her own health crisis and how it impacted her perspective on health and wellness;
- Her approach to health and fitness with financial advisors;
- How she helps advisors overcome the emotional barriers to getting healthy; and
- What she has learned from interviewing hundreds of advisors.
If you have a struggle and wish to share your experiences and help others in similar situations, please reach out to Diana at [email protected].