A little over a year ago, advisor Jonathan DeYoe was in a healthy place; he was meditating on a regular basis, working out, eating and sleeping right.
But in the summer of 2021, he tragically lost his only brother and business partner, David, when he drowned in the Pacific Ocean. Jonathan says his life came to a “screeching halt” that day. While coping with grief, he struggled to stay healthy. Since then, he has been on a journey to rebuild healthy habits after experiencing this huge loss.
In this episode, Diana Britton, managing editor of WealthManagement.com, speaks with Jonathan DeYoe, senior vice president of EP Wealth Advisors in Berkeley, Calif., author of “Mindful Money” and host of the Mindful Wealth Podcast, about the struggles of maintaining healthy habits during tragic times.
- How his habits changed while working on Wall Street
- The wake-up call that motivated him to improve his lifestyle
- What happened in the weeks and months after his brother’s passing
- Reasons to seek help and support, instead of trying to manage grief on your own
- The process of rebuilding healthy habits following a major breakdown
- How his brother’s passing impacted the work he’s doing now
If you have a struggle and wish to share your experiences and help others in similar situations, please reach out to Diana at [email protected].