Every advisor and business owner is looking for new ways to expand their reach and achieve greater growth.
For Mindy Diamond, it was nearly two decades ago that she discovered a powerful “growth engine” by accident.
And it’s been such a game-changer for her firm, that she’s eager to discuss key concepts and experiences that advisors and business owners alike can easily adapt to reach their constituents.
Because as Mindy shares in this episode with Louis Diamond, it was the submission of her first article to Registered Rep magazine (now WealthManagement) that put Diamond Consultants on the map and paved the way for what was to follow: the evolution of a “content marketing machine” that became a driver of growth for her business.
Content marketing is about taking your unique insights, perspective, and knowledge and turning it into various sizes and forms of communication for distribution on different platforms—such as your website, media websites, social media and more.
It’s a strategic initiative that many advisors have adopted—particularly those in the independent space—to reach clients and prospects “where they are.”
As Mindy tells it, it’s ultimately more about “sharing knowledge” than it is about “marketing” and developing a consistent practice of sharing knowledge over various platforms, including:
- Getting started in building a content marketing strategy—and how to execute it in a way that is relevant, relatable and of the highest quality.
- Content marketing as a differentiator—and how it can create an advantage by showing clients and prospects how you think and work.
- The ability to drive growth through content—and how a smart, strategic content marketing plan can build name recognition and brand awareness.
- The value of authenticity—and why it is critical to demonstrate not only knowledge but also values.
- The power of the internet—and how the “content lifecycle” continues well beyond the initial publication, accessible via social media sharing, search engine results, video and podcast channels, text post links, email and more.
In a world where reaching people one to one has become more difficult—and “cold calling” has been deemed dead by firms like Merrill Lynch—the ability to communicate en masse has become more important than ever before.
As Mindy shares, “Developing a content marketing program has enabled us to exponentially multiply the number of people we are impacting throughout the year and that has translated into very meaningful growth for our business, deepened connections and allowed many more advisors to get to know us as people.”
It’s a powerful episode that will help advisors jump-start their own marketing program, as well as provide tips for those who’ve already embarked on the journey.
Mindy Diamond is CEO of Diamond Consultants in Morristown, N.J., a nationally recognized boutique search and consulting firm in the financial services industry.