In this video, David Armstrong, editor-in-chief and executive director of content, WealthManagement.com, and Sonya Dreizler, co-founder, Choir, dissect the struggles of bringing more diversity to the stage at conferences in financial services.
David and Sonya discuss:
- What Choir does for financial conference organizers that want to be more inclusive and bring more females, people of color, nonbinary individuals and other underrepresented communities into the mix;
- What Choir’s certification grants conference organizers in today’s market;
- How true the “scarcity of talent” response is when trying to bring a diverse set of speakers to conferences;
- What the Choir Pledge is and what it means to conferences; and
- The angry, vile responses she and others have received from speaking out on this topic.