Updated June 24, 2020
Advisors, like the rest of the nation, are scaling back on business meetings, conferences and events due to the coronavirus. Here is a running list:
- The XY Planning Network's annual conference will be all digital this year, dubbed XYPNLive(ish). The conference will take place Oct. 12-16, "anywhere with WIFI." The schedule is slated to be announced shortly.
- Riskalyze's 2020 Fearless Investing Summit has been postponed until 2021. It was originally scheduled for Sept. 23-25 and will instead be held in Palm Springs, Calif. in Oct. 2021. The company is holding a virtual Fearless Investing Week on Aug. 11-14, 2020.
- Finovate, the finanical technology conference held by Informa Plc, announced its conferences for the remainder of 2020, including Finovate Fall and Finovate West, will be held virtually this year, with both live and on-demand components. The Finovate conferences are among the largest financial technology conferences and contain panel discussions with industry experts, executive networking and an extensive lineup of live demos of new financial technology platforms. Finovate Fall will he held Sept. 14-18, and Finovate West Nov. 23-25. FinovateAsia, scheduled for July 6-10, will also be held vitually this year. (Finovate and Wealthmanagement.com both operate under the InformaConnect division of Informa Plc.)
- The Morningstar Investment Conference, originally scheduled for June 3-5 in Chicago, will take place this year as a virtual conference on Sept. 16 and 17.
- Pershing's INSITE conference, originally scheduled for June 10-12 in Chicago, has been cancelled. Event organizers intend to use virtual tools to deliver the conference content, including webcasts, podcasts and articles on Pershing.com. Pershing's next national conference is scheduled for June 8-10, 2021 in Orlando.
- Schwab's IMPACT Conference, originally scheduled for November 10-13 in Boston, is now converting to a virtual conference. There will be more details coming in the summer months.
- The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy national conference scheduled for May 18-20 in San Francisco has been cancelled. The next conference will be held May 26 to 28 in Washington D.C. at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center. The organization intends to return to San Francisco for the 2022 national conference.
- Anthony Scaramucci's 11th annual SALT conference, which was due to take place in Las Vegas May 19-21, 2020, has been canceled due to public health concerns over COVID-19, the company announced. The event will not be re-scheduled this year, but organizers are planning to continue with SALTMiddle East in December and a U.S. event next year.
- TradePMR is postponing its Synergy 2020 RIA conference, which had been scheduled for May 6-8 in Orlando. Organizers are working on a new date.
- Hightower Executive Services Showcase in New Orleans, which was scheduled for March 9-11, was canceled, according to Abby Salameh, chief marketing officer. Room reservations were automatically canceled. The Hightower Advisor Summit, which was scheduled for the week of April 20 in Nashville, Tenn., has also been canceled.
- The Financial Planning Association of Puget Sound is postponing its symposium slated for March 26 at the Washington State Convention Center. A new date has not yet been decided.
- All Raymond James conferences have been canceled or postponed until at least April 30, including its national conference Elevate, which had been set for April 20 in Orlando, Fla.
- Retirement and Longevity Summit in New Orleans, scheduled for March 22-24 has been rescheduled to July 26-27, according to the event website. Room reservations for the March dates were automatically canceled, confirmed Tyrone Ross Jr., a speaker at the event.
- Envestnet Advisor Summit in Austin, Texas, scheduled for April 29-30 has been canceled and will not be rescheduled, according to a spokesperson. Virtual events are being considered to replace some of the content that would have been presented at the conference and will be announced in the coming weeks.
- International Assets Advisory National Sales Conference in Orlando, Fla., scheduled for April 29-May 3, a mandatory event for affiliated professionals, has been postponed, according to Ed Cofrancesco, president and CEO. A new date has not been decided, but organizers are hoping to hold the event in September. A virtual conference is being considered.
- The Financial Planning Association's Retreat 2020, slated for May 4-7 in Cedar Creek, Texas, has been canceled. Organizers say they'll explore the possibility of making some of the sessions available virtually.
- The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors 2020 National Spring Conference is now canceled. It had been previously scheduled for May 6-9 at the Hyatt Regency Denver at the Colorado Convention Center. "At this time, we are working to determine potential avenues for delivering portions of the educational program virtually," said Geoffrey Brown, CEO of the organization. Those plans are expected to be announced the week of March 23. Hotel reservations made through the room block will be automatically canceled and those registered will receive an email notifying them of the cancelation. Registration will be refunded "in full and without fees," according to the announcement.
- The Future of Fintech conference, originally scheduled for June 14-16 in San Francisco, has been postponed. The conference will now be held on November 16-18.
- Ron Carson and the Carson Group are postponing this year's Carson Excell conference to 2021, effectively canceling the 2020 event that was scheduled for May 26-28. The next Excell conference will now be held on June 1-3, 2021 in Las Vegas, according to Kendra Galante, a company spokesperson.
- Fi360 and Broadridge are canceling the Fi360 Conference in Austin, Texas, because the coronavirus pandemic. The event was originally scheduled for May 17 - 19. Plans for providing continuing education credit "through another format" are underway and will be shared with those planning to attend as they are available. Registrants have the option of transferring registration fees to next year's conference in Scottsdale, Ariz. on May 16 - 18, 2021, or receiving a full refund.
- Arizent is canceling its 2020 INVEST Conference, originally scheduled for June 18-19 in New York City, according to the event website. Rooms booked at the hotel (within the event block) will be issued a refund for deposits.
To add changes to your event, please email [email protected]