Skip navigation

2008 LPL National in Chicago

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Nov 1, 2007 4:10 pm

October 26, 2007

Dear LPL Financial Advisor:

We’re on our way to the Windy City! I’m very pleased to announce that LPL’s 2008 National Conference will be held in Chicago’s brand new McCormick Place West Building, a beautiful state-of-the-art facility along the shores of Lake Michigan, Monday, August 11 through Friday, August 15, 2008. Our ability to secure such a large venue again allows us to offer an unparalleled networking experience and a confluence of talent like no other event in our industry.

Following our successful debut on the East Coast in Boston, we are thrilled to introduce the industry’s leading advisor conference to America’s heartland— and home to many LPL Financial Advisors. Chicago is one of America’s most vibrant and friendly cities, offering you and your guests a rewarding conference experience, a vast array of cultural and leisure activities ranging from shopping to incredible dining, theaters and nightlife, and much more.

From the world-class Art Institute of Chicago to its eclectic range of award-winning restaurants, Chicago has earned the distinction of the country’s "Best City for the Arts" and "Best U.S. City for Dining". The central location makes it easily accessible from anywhere in the US, and McCormick Place is neighbor to a number of premium hotels in the highly concentrated downtown area.

To help you discover Chicago, we are building a web site that will connect you to the countless attractions the city has to offer, including "The Magnificent Mile", Millennium Park, Wrigley Field, River Tours and Navy Pier. We will be sharing more details about the web site and the conference in the months ahead and look forward to welcoming you to Chicago in the summer of 2008 for the premier advisor conference in the industry.

Sincerely,

Bill Dwyer

President, LPL Independent Advisor Services

Linsco/Private Ledger Member NASD/SIPC

I'm in...anyone else going?  At $275K production, LPL pretty much covers the cost.
Nov 1, 2007 9:44 pm

See you there!  Boston was a blast!

Nov 2, 2007 1:38 pm

Sorry but the last place I want to go in August is any where in the midwest. I grew up in a small farm town in northern ILL, and there is no way I will go back in the Summer.

I travel back to see clients in the spring and around X-mas to see family there.   Hope you have a great time.  
Nov 2, 2007 3:46 pm

Well, hopefully since it’s later in the summer and Chicago is the upper Midwest, it won’t be too bad.  I know what you mean though…two summers ago when I went to San Diego for the national, it was the first of August, temps were in the upper 70’s and the humidity was about 40%…and those people out there thought that was bad!  I remember thinking, people, you have no idea what humidity is until you’ve lived in the corn belt.