EJ canada Insurance

or Register to post new content in the forum



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Aug 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Can you still work  for them without the insurance?

Aug 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Isn’t your insurance included in your taxes up there?

Aug 11, 2009 2:11 pm

sorry the Insurance  qualification to sell them  to client .

Aug 11, 2009 2:28 pm

sorry the Insurance  qualification to sell them  to client .

  You know that we speak English here, right?
Aug 11, 2009 2:37 pm

yes and sorry am french and i just want to no that all.

  Thanks anyway
Aug 11, 2009 3:09 pm

I don’t know for sure, but will guess that Jones will require you to get some sort of insurance license.  I base that guess on the fact that all advisors here in the US have to be insurance licensed.  So, my guess is Oui, you have to get your insurance license in Canada also.  You would get a better answer if you spoke with one of the FAs in your area.   

Aug 18, 2009 10:01 pm
Faca   Yes, you do need to be insurance licenced  to work for EJ up here in Canada.  I don't know what the pay structure is on Insurance with EJ, but at my indy office I'm making a 4% payout on Segregated Funds and only 3% on Mutual Funds.  Overall, I think the Seg Fund is a much better investment (and easier to sell).  So aside from all of the other obvious reasons, you might not want to rule out the insurance side of the business just yet.