Skip navigation

Small group for 2010?

or Register to post new content in the forum

14 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Dec 12, 2009 12:28 am

One of the things I miss about working at a wirehouse was other advisors next to you to run ideas off of, share results with and to hold each other accountable. As an RIA, need to do that myself when I am not working with the newbies.

Having said that, I can easily setup a small web-community/forum that I see being private to maybe a group of 5 to 8 advisors to bounce ideas off of and to work with each other.

Basically what this forum was designed for, minus the bashing, name calling and petty arguments.

Anyone want to commit to this?

Shoot me a pm privately or email me, maksim @ Maksfs.com if you dont want to post.

I see maybe some indy guys working together, RIA's, wirehouse guys etc... and then maybe having a section where all can chime in with ideas from their corner.

Dec 14, 2009 2:25 am

I’m sure a few people will be interested in this…it gets boring being a jones rep.
Good luck.

Dec 14, 2009 3:03 am

[quote=Still@jones] I’m sure a few people will be interested in this…it gets boring being a jones rep. Good luck.

[/quote]

Not if you get fired first

Dec 14, 2009 4:17 am

lol. What does this have to do with being a jones rep?

But in all seriousness, you are who brings in the money, and gets the results. Your firm is just the place where you call home.

Dec 21, 2009 5:35 pm

In.

Dec 21, 2009 7:09 pm

I’m in if you are accepting non-producing RIA Compliance people.

Dec 22, 2009 12:00 pm

You might also want to check out a brand new service called RIA Central.  I believe their website address is:  www.riacentral.com

Dec 22, 2009 1:49 pm

[quote=FVDA_Trade-PMR]You might also want to check out a brand new service called RIA Central. I believe their website address is: www.riacentral.com

[/quote]

RIA central is a great resource... and was imagined to be a great concept... but for the discussion section... on the small group board we put up, we have more posts in 3 days than RIA central has all together.

though I do love all the resources there.

I love forums... I actually run about 3, one of which is a pretty big one. =)

Dec 22, 2009 7:12 pm

I'm interested.

Dec 24, 2009 4:58 am

[quote=aeromaks]

lol. What does this have to do with being a jones rep?  

But in all seriousness, you are who brings in the money, and gets the results.   Your firm is just the place where you call home.

[/quote]

It gets lonely working out of your car.
Dec 24, 2009 8:46 pm

[quote=Still@jones]

[/quote]

You’ll have plenty of time to work out of your car…
WHEN YOU’RE LIVIN’ IN A CAR DOWN BY THE RIVER.

Dec 28, 2009 2:17 am

[quote=BerkshireBull]

[quote=Still@jones]

[/quote]
You’ll have plenty of time to work out of your car…
WHEN YOU’RE LIVIN’ IN A CAR DOWN BY THE RIVER.
[/quote]
What can I say…another Edward Jones success story!
now, give me some of that government cheese…

Jan 5, 2010 8:28 am

That is a VAN down by the river to you sir!

Oh yeah, RIP Mr. Farley
Jan 8, 2010 3:01 am

I’m in!