Skip navigation

Part time broker

or Register to post new content in the forum



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jun 25, 2008 10:40 pm

Hey guys,

I started a few years back doing life insurance and then about a year and a half ago I got my series 65 to pick up AUM as I went along.  I’m now changing my business to focus on AUM and also I would like to do some REITS and other forms of DPP.

My assets are really small just under 2 million, but I’m confident if that is my main focus I can bring in about 3 - 5 mm a year.

I’m under an independent RIA firm right now and some of the other guys have there 7. 

Any ideas on what indy bd’s I can go with that will sponsor me for my 7?

Thanks guys

Jun 25, 2008 10:44 pm

I also forgot to mention that I would like to keep my AUM under my current RIA and not move that part of my business just use my series 7 for VA’s and DPP’s.

Jun 26, 2008 1:51 pm

I am not aware of a VA that you need a series 7 to sell.  Most use a 6.  Let me get this straight, you want someone to sponser you for your license but not transfer any of your existing business to them.  Good luck, I’m sure lots of firms will want that deal.

Jun 27, 2008 3:06 pm

Does your firm offer dual registrations??  It seems to be the new rage at LPL.

Jun 28, 2008 6:33 pm

younggunz, think long and hard about this.  Do you really want to be under FINRA’s thumb if you don’t need to be?