Skip navigation

Brining on a new Advisor Rep

or Register to post new content in the forum



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Sep 12, 2009 11:23 pm

Hi all:  I am in CA and want to bring on an Investment Advisor Rep in Hawaii.

  Do I just register my RIA in Hawaii through IARD and register the IAR in both Hawaii and CA?   He will be an independent contractor--Any ideas on how to pay on a fee split arrangement? Do I create a 1099?   We're trying to put this together, but I am not an expert on payroll.   Thanks for your input.    
Sep 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Seek professional help.  If he has clients in HA (which I assume), then you will need to notice file in HA, and he’ll need to be registered in HA and CA (if getting clients in CA).