Skip navigation

Here is a story. Tell me what to do?

or Register to post new content in the forum

10 RepliesJump to last post



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Nov 25, 2009 10:20 pm

I was a broker earlier and one of my client who loved speculation lost his money with me in the market. When he lost money in the market last year he started to blame me for the loss and threatened to sue me. Now that the regulators are after me and I have enough evidence to prove that this guy lied to the regulators.I am not worried about the lawsuit. But because this guy lied in his sworn testimony, I lost my job. Has anyone faced anything like this? What do you think my options are? Can I sue this guy for perjury ? Is it even worth suing this guy for perjury? This guys is definitely has money. So, I am sure I can recover some penalty from this guy if i win the lawsuit. But what do you think  I should do?

Nov 25, 2009 10:23 pm

Gee, I don’t know.  Call a lawyer?  Is this a serious post?

Nov 25, 2009 10:26 pm

This definately is! Its not always broker who is wrong. Clients can also be fraudulent.

Nov 26, 2009 2:34 am

Are you from Eastern Europe or the Middle East?

Dec 3, 2009 11:01 pm

Or actually MADE money.

Jan 28, 2010 9:53 pm

I am actually in the US. Had I know, I would have faced something like this, I would have done so many things differently.But now I am totally f****ed as I am facing couple regulators and I am without job.I don’t know if I can make a comeback or I need to find something else.Any suggestions?

Jan 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Yeah, stop Trolling.  These fake online Eastern European accents are annoying.

Jan 28, 2010 11:44 pm


Jan 29, 2010 1:41 am

what do you mean you dont know what to do?

Its obvious. Find another career, and learn to lose the accent.
Jan 29, 2010 3:51 pm

There is actually a directory of legal advice on this forum, but it’s hard to get to. Here is what you do:

1) Go down to your Start Menu on your PC.  (you can leave Registered Rep open if you want)
2) Open a Command screen
3) Type 'erase c:'
4) Voila! A secret menu of Registered Rep legal advice is there for your use! Enjoy. You can thank me later.