Skip navigation

Time for Change

or Register to post new content in the forum



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Apr 26, 2006 4:56 am

I need some help.  If my annual production is approximately 253,000 my business is 72% annuitized my income was $88,000.00 for 2005, I manage 47 million in assets, what could or should ask or expect as an offer at another firm?

Apr 26, 2006 12:48 pm

Depends on what your LOS is.  If it’s over 5 years, could be fairly low:  50-70% maybe.  You do have a good asset base, but it will more than likely come down to production vs. LOS.

Apr 26, 2006 2:15 pm

BR is correct.  Your production is great for a LOS 2 but just okay for a LOS 5.

How long have you been in production?

Apr 26, 2006 2:31 pm

In February I turned to LOS 5.  However there are lot of circumstances in regards to the production  number.

Apr 26, 2006 4:00 pm

It will depend on the need of that office.  I would still peg you in the 50-70% range in virtually any market, unless that office absolutely needs another body and can pay heavily for it.

I've dealt with reps who have come out of bloody partnerships, or had deaths in the family, surgeries, etc. and while I completely sympathize for those reps, at the end of the day it's about the bottom line and it won't really make a huge difference to the BM or RM.

I think it sucks, but that's the way it is unfortunately.

Apr 26, 2006 8:08 pm

how is LOS calculated?

If I started in production in April of 2002 am I considered LOS 4? 5? other?



Apr 26, 2006 8:32 pm

To: BrokerRecruit
Thank you for your honest opinion.  That is exactly what I wanted.  I am in a partnership that is sucking me dry-and would like nothing better for me to disapear.  We are in the process of disbanding the partnership.  I asked the Director on Feb 14, 2006, the split has had 3 delay’s so far.  I am anticpating the final will be delayed until mid June when our partnership has been in affect for 3 years.  What do you think? Is it time for a change?