Skip navigation

How does a civilian get sponsored to take the series 22

or Register to post new content in the forum



  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jul 22, 2010 2:31 pm

I have a client who is going to be raising funds for a private Real Estate fund.  He is a RE developer, not in our business at all.  Because the SEC is now scrutinizing Private RE funds, he wants to get his 22 (and state licenses).  Does anyone have an idea how he can get sponsored?  Obviously a wire house wouldnt do it and frankly,  I'm not sure that any firm would sponsor (given potential liability) without getting a piece of the revenue.

Anyone have any thoughts?

thx, G