Skip navigation

401k Exchange

or Register to post new content in the forum

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Jun 15, 2006 10:42 pm

Has anyone ever used this service?  I’m curious to know if the appointments they set are really any good.

Jun 16, 2006 2:35 am

I’ve used it - went on 7-8 appts with small plans under $1,000,000 in Charlotte, NC - the bigger plans were taken - I got the appts and had meetings…either I suck at selling plans, or these folks were just window shopping, and trying to get free info since they have nothing to lose…I also think the folks that were in charge of making changes are extremely busy in these smaller companies, and trying to get them to follow up was just plain frustrating…so, good at getting appts, but these size plans are suspect - I’ve had others tell me since that these size plans are tough…anyway, $3,000 down the tubes…you need lots of patience, and I also probably gave up too soon on some…I was newer in the biz at that point, and now get plans through existing relationships…also, remember that these folks have existing relationships - I had one guy go back to his old broker and make the changes through him…