Skip navigation

200k New Money

or Register to post new content in the forum

196 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Apr 4, 2009 5:57 pm

Ok. That makes more sense. I thought it was more of a rapid fire, all legs are there for the taking and boom - filled. No doubt that its great work on your part and the average rep doesn’t even understand call vs put and you are obviously well beyond that.

Apr 4, 2009 6:35 pm

Ron, Would you mind telling us what firm you are with? If not I understand the anonymity thing. I signed on with AGE and I’m still here wherever that is. At the end of the day it’s just me an my 15 x 15 office.

Apr 4, 2009 6:43 pm

chase bank

Apr 4, 2009 6:45 pm

What kind of business do you do mostly? Again I understand if you don’t want to answer.

Apr 4, 2009 6:48 pm

managed

Apr 4, 2009 6:50 pm

What managers do you like the best?

Apr 4, 2009 6:53 pm

Calamos, Eaton Vance, MFS, American, Franklin, JPMorgan, Thornburg, TRowe

Apr 4, 2009 6:59 pm

Are you a ‘rookie’ i.e. been in for less than 5 years?

I'm in month 20 but was prop trading before that. New to retail but not the market.   You mentioned cold calling in one post. That's how I did it and need to do more. I've been VERY VERY lucky when it comes to prospecting.
Apr 4, 2009 7:11 pm

3 years total, also new to retail but not to market. Started at EJ for 2 1/2 yrs, was doing average but wasn't making any money. Started to research bank programs, liked JPMC because of the freedom and ability to go independent within the bank in future. Bank takes same cut as EJ but I have a team working with me, it was a no brainer in my situation.

Apr 4, 2009 7:13 pm

3 yrs total in retail, 12 yrs in market

Apr 4, 2009 7:38 pm

A team … awesome.

I'm 100% on my own. No team, just a bunch of smiling Jackals that don't cut each others throat out of pro courtesy. No help or guidance. I rarely speak with any of the other brokers in our office."Training Support" is an oxymoron. I am VERY good at trading. If I wasn't I would be screwed. I found a millionaire and made a large amount of money. He's now an advocate that has given me huge referrals.   If not for that I would be delivering pizzas. The class monthly average in production was in the mid 4k for month 18 (most are toast as nobody can live on 35% of that). I did over 22 large. I think it's incredibly hard to get this gig off the ground but if you do it you have the coolest job in the world for life.   In spite of the occasional rant i.e. I find it natural to be a prick and try very hard to curb the negative behavior. I'll cut this rant short and say that I value peoples opinions very much on this BBS so thanks to all for your thoughts.
Apr 5, 2009 12:26 pm

[quote=iceco1d][quote=Gaddock]Are you a ‘rookie’ i.e. been in for less than 5 years?

I'm in month 20 but was prop trading before that. New to retail but not the market.   You mentioned cold calling in one post. That's how I did it and need to do more. I've been VERY VERY lucky when it comes to prospecting.[/quote]   Funny...the harder you work, the luckier you seem to get, huh?  [/quote]     That's it ... 25,000 cold calls and you're bound to get a bone here and there.
Apr 5, 2009 7:39 pm

Was doing a IV spike scan and found another trade on a blue chip that is an 8% locked in for an April assignment. I’m not going to hang my hat on it but don’t you think I should bag it with several hundred contracts?

HELL YES I'LL BAG IT!!!!!   8% locked in, in 12 days gives us a annualized return of what ???????  
May 27, 2009 2:35 pm

[quote=Ron 14]

3 years total, also new to retail but not to market. Started at EJ for 2 1/2 yrs, was doing average but wasn't making any money. Started to research bank programs, liked JPMC because of the freedom and ability to go independent within the bank in future. Bank takes same cut as EJ but I have a team working with me, it was a no brainer in my situation.

[/quote]     Not making money after 2.5 years? Got rescued by a team at a bank? You are a hack.
Oct 25, 2009 12:43 am

Shania - here it is

Oct 25, 2009 3:11 am

What the hell?