Skip navigation

1394 Posts Later

or Register to post new content in the forum

31 RepliesJump to last post

Comments

• Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

• No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Sep 16, 2006 6:11 pm

…it looks like NASD Newbie got shut down.  Who do think he really is?  Is he a former manager?  A failed broker? 

Sep 16, 2006 6:23 pm

Harvey Pitt (not related to Brad)

Sep 16, 2006 10:47 pm

Are we really that lucky???

Sep 16, 2006 10:59 pm

That would depend on your definition of lucky.

Sep 17, 2006 12:02 am

hahahahahahahah

hahahahahahah

Sep 17, 2006 4:46 am

[quote=Street Maven]That would depend on your definition of lucky. [/quote]

...he's back already...and using an EMOTICON!!!

Sep 17, 2006 8:17 pm

No more racial stuff this time, right?    

Sep 18, 2006 2:14 pm

I missed it...

what did he say "racially" or shouldn't have said that got him booted?

Sep 18, 2006 5:09 pm

[quote=Registered Rep]I missed it…

what did he say "racially" or shouldn't have said that got him booted?[/quote]

I remember him saying things that were racially insensitive against both blacks and hispanics, but it's immaterial...the fool managed to get himself booted again in record time...

Sep 18, 2006 5:42 pm

[quote=Indyone]

I remember him saying things that were racially
insensitive against both blacks and hispanics, but it’s
immaterial…the fool managed to get himself booted again in record
time…

[/quote]

Oh, the “I remember him saying” accusation.  There is a school of
thought that teaches that when all else fails call the other guy a
racist–there’s no way to counter that.

Especially if you can get away with the, "Well I heard it, I know what I heard!"

You know what?  I heard him too.  I heard him advise young brokers that they should get their CFP designation.

I heard him tell a guy that declaring bankruptcy was a horrible idea.

I heard him tell people that it’s a bad idea to sue your employer over how many hours you work.

I heard him tell people that the NASD does not need to be weakened, it
needs to be strengthened–that the SEC needs to give the NASD even more
power instead of less.

I understand that he answered dozens of PMs with long, thoughtful
responses about career choices, dealing with clients and a host of
other issues.

I’ve heard him tell young people that they should not give Wall Street an try until they’re close to thirty-five.

Oh, and I’ve heard him tell people that working at a premier wirehouse is the zenith of this career.

What an idiot the guy must be.  Why do you fear him so much?
Sep 18, 2006 5:56 pm

Put, Big Easy, NASD, Street Maven and now, Knows Wall St. Whatever else might be said, there's absolutely no doubting your level of commitment to posting on this board. Welcome back yet again.

Sep 18, 2006 5:56 pm

[quote=Indyone][quote=Registered Rep]I missed it…

what did he say "racially" or shouldn't have said that got him booted?[/quote]

I remember him saying things that were racially insensitive against both blacks and hispanics, but it's immaterial...the fool managed to get himself booted again in record time...

[/quote]

And he has a new ID in record team.  See the post above this one.  Welcome back Newbie!

Geezus the guy must sit around with a notepad figuring out screen names so he has one ready when he gets booted from the latest one!
Sep 18, 2006 5:59 pm

[quote=Knows Wall St.]

[quote=Indyone]

I remember him saying things that were racially
insensitive against both blacks and hispanics, but it’s
immaterial…the fool managed to get himself booted again in record
time…

[/quote]

Oh, the “I remember him saying” accusation.  There is a school of
thought that teaches that when all else fails call the other guy a
racist–there’s no way to counter that.

Especially if you can get away with the, "Well I heard it, I know what I heard!"

You know what?  I heard him too.  I heard him advise young brokers that they should get their CFP designation.

I heard him tell a guy that declaring bankruptcy was a horrible idea.

I heard him tell people that it’s a bad idea to sue your employer over how many hours you work.

I heard him tell people that the NASD does not need to be weakened, it
needs to be strengthened–that the SEC needs to give the NASD even more
power instead of less.

I understand that he answered dozens of PMs with long, thoughtful
responses about career choices, dealing with clients and a host of
other issues.

I’ve heard him tell young people that they should not give Wall Street an try until they’re close to thirty-five.

Oh, and I’ve heard him tell people that working at a premier wirehouse is the zenith of this career.

What an idiot the guy must be.  Why do you fear him so much?

[/quote]

Amusing how you cite some of the actually USEFUL things you’ve posted, yet you forget to mention how a firm could fire a Jewish employee without getting caught on the hook for discrimination.  Did you forget that one?
Sep 18, 2006 6:04 pm

[quote=joedabrkr]

Amusing how you cite some of the actually USEFUL things you've posted, yet you forget to mention how a firm could fire a Jewish employee without getting caught on the hook for discrimination.  Did you forget that one?
[/quote]

Nobody talked about how a Jewish guy could be fired.  The discussion was about "Employment at will" and how specious it is to think that the discrimination laws will protect somebody who an employer wants to fire.

How in the world you found it to be a primer on how to fire Jews escapes anybody with an IQ higher than the outside temperature.

Sep 18, 2006 6:27 pm

I personally prefer "Knows Wall St."  over "Street Maven"...anybody want to place a bet that "knows wall st" won't make post #1,395?

And welcome back Put.

I'm surprised someone hasn't started a thread where you can vote for your favorite unsername from "you know who".  My vote would go to Put Trader...that's where he established himself on this forum as a posting lunatic.

Sep 18, 2006 6:31 pm

[quote=Registered Rep]

I personally prefer "Knows Wall St."  over "Street Maven"...anybody want to place a bet that "knows wall st" won't make post #1,395?

And welcome back Put.

I'm surprised someone hasn't started a thread where you can vote for your favorite unsername from "you know who".  My vote would go to Put Trader...that's where he established himself on this forum as a posting lunatic.

[/quote]

Put Trader?  Don't know that name, must have been last year, or even in 2004.

How would a poster who joined in July 2006 know Put Trader?

Sep 18, 2006 6:39 pm

You're not the only user here that has used one or two identities. The difference is most of us don't get booted out every 3 or 4 months  plus all you have to do is open your "posting mouth" under your new identity & everyone knows who you are. 

Sep 18, 2006 6:43 pm

I don't think the new, new identity will make it to the end of the week before going booted.

Sep 18, 2006 6:46 pm

[quote=Registered Rep]

You're not the only user here that has used one or two identities. The difference is most of us don't get booted out every 3 or 4 months  plus all you have to do is open your "posting mouth" under your new identity & everyone knows who you are. 

[/quote]

Don't blame me if I am so smart that everybody just knows when I enter the room.

The applause from my many fans is deafening--and the small chorus of boos from the peanut gallery is refreshing.

Sep 18, 2006 6:46 pm

[quote=no idea]

I don't think the new, new identity will make it to the end of the week before going booted.

[/quote]

You could be right, in any event I'm sure "you know who" has a stable of backup usernames just ready to go.