Healthcare is going to change, and it's going to change for the better, transitioning from a system that treats the sick to one that focuses on prevention, eradication and ending sickness, says Chris Buck, head of sales and capital markets and a partner at ROBO Global, at the 2020 Inside ETFs conference.
"There's a whole sector of the healthcare industry that's going to be hopefully increasing doctor efficiency, it's going to lower cost and it's going to improve patient outcomes," Buck said.
ROBO Global's HTEC ETF invests in that whole value chain with a portfolio that includes 80 companies across nine sectors, ranging from regenerative medicine to medical instruments to biotechnology.
He said 80 percent of the companies in the ETF are U.S. based with the other 20 percent being outside the United States. It also holds predominantly mid- and small-cap stocks.
"These are the smaller innovative companies that are really growing 20% to 30% a year solving a lot of healthcare problems," Buck said.