Many of us remember Christopher Reeve for his unforgettable performance as the first Superman to appear on the big screen in 1978. But a lot of us forget his later years were spent as a paraplegic after a tragic accident.
In this episode, David Lenok speaks with Gina Nelson about some of the different planning you can do to prepare if you or a loved one should become disabled, and what you can do today to set them up for after you’re gone.
- The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation and how it’s set up to help those living with any type of disability;
- How a special needs trust can help you and your loved ones;
- The difference between special needs and supplemental needs;
- The importance of flexibility in your trust documents;
- The different scenarios between who sets up the trust;
- And more.