In this episode, David Lenok, senior editor at WealthManagement.com, is joined again by Jacqueline Bevilaqua, a tax, trust and estates associate at Katsky Korins.
The celebrity example in this episode is actor Chadwick Boseman, who was best known for portraying heroes, specifically Black heroes, in films, such as 42, Get On Up, Marshall and, of course, the blockbuster superhero film Black Panther.
Drawing inspiration from Chadwick’s story, David and Jacqueline talk about estate-planning essentials for clients who have a diagnosis. They also discuss the importance of having all estate-planning documents in order and ensuring that key people are aware of them.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Estate-planning considerations for clients who’ve been diagnosed with an illness;
- The purpose of three documents that are particularly relevant to people with a diagnosis: health care proxy, power of attorney and living will;
- Reasons why clients might get married toward the end of their life, as it relates to their estate plan;
- Why key action people must be aware of estate-planning documents and their location;
- The benefits of using the oft-misunderstood special needs trust;
- Why some people keep their estate plans a secret;
- And more!
Tune in now to learn estate-planning must-haves for clients with a diagnosis.