The idea of wine as an investable asset is fairly new but has already struck a chord with many clients.
Though initial client interest is often based more on the idea of wine as something "cool" to invest in and own, it can be a true portfolio diversifier nonetheless. But there are a few things your clients should know first.
In this episode, David Lenok, senior editor at WealthManagement.com, talks to Tom Gearing, CEO and co-founder of Cult Wines Ltd., about investing in wine. This topic is inspired by golf pro and entrepreneur Arnold Palmer, one of the first major celebrities to lend his name to a wine label. Arnold Palmer’s wine was widely accessible to the common wine drinker. Meanwhile, today’s conversation delves into the world of more expensive and valuable wines and how you can help your clients navigate these investable commodities.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What a savvy entrepreneur and marketer Arnold Palmer was;
- Why you must do your due diligence if you’re advising a client who’s interested in investing in wine;
- Why wine is a true portfolio diversifier;
- What kind of timeline one could expect before seeing a return on investment;
- What the first steps are to investing in wine;
- And more!
Tune in now to learn how to best advise clients who want to invest in wine.