Part one of this industry update discussed the questions you need to ask yourself before considering a move. That is, to determine the following: Is there enough to gain from going through the hassle of a due diligence process?
This episode picks up where we left off for those who answered “Yes” to that question and are motivated to explore options elsewhere.
Why does it matter? Because many advisors get stuck at this juncture. They know things aren’t perfect and should look elsewhere. Still, they don’t know where to begin—often trapped by inertia, overwhelm, confusion, lack of clarity, or anxiety about the due diligence process.
The goal of this episode is to help make the process more thoughtful and strategic for those who have decided that they are motivated to embark upon due diligence, sharing key areas to pay attention to, including:
- A review of the actual due diligence process—and what steps are critical to ensuring a thorough and strategic exploration exercise.
- Curating a list of options—and how to identify what to include or exclude.
- The questions to ask—and what answers are most important to the decision-making process.
- Common traps and missteps—and how to avoid them.
- Plus, an overview of the industry landscape—and why it’s essential to understand the various options before diving in…and much more.
No doubt, the process of considering change can be a daunting one. But when approached first from the perspective of “should I consider a move?” and then conducting due diligence with a goal and plan, the path becomes much clearer.
It’s an episode that will shed light on this important practice, providing value to those considering change, as well as those who may simply want to understand their options or develop their “Plan B.”
Download the Strategic Due Diligence Roadmap
Download a transcript of this episode…
Listen to the podcast
Listen to more episodes of Mindy Diamond on Independence: A Podcast for Financial Advisors Considering Change