Five beneficial characteristics of the Southern California multifamily rental market for investors seeking to grow and protect their wealth
With growing uncertainty surrounding the U.S. economy, high interest rates, inflation and the war in Europe, defensive investment strategies are on many investors’ minds right now.
Rental apartments have long been one of the most desired asset classes for institutional investors, family offices and lenders because of their perceived liquidity and low risk. Southern California is one of the largest and most chronically supply-constrained housing markets in the U.S. Less than half of households can afford to buy a home in greater Los Angeles. Therefore, Class B/C rental apartments provide an essential need – affordable workforce housing – to a large permanent renter class of “renters by necessity.”
In this webinar, two veterans of the institutional real estate industry discuss five unique attributes of the Southern California apartment market, which create an asymmetrical risk-reward proposition for investors that is difficult to replicate in most other U.S. real estate markets.
Key takeaways from this webinar:
- The Southern California apartment market has five distinct benefits that set it apart from other U.S. markets.
- Together, these five attributes present a compelling market opportunity to acquire, renovate and reposition older Class B/C apartment buildings.
- The result is a uniquely asymmetrical risk-return profile, offering investors:
- Superior upside potential (i.e., tax-advantaged passive income, wealth creation and inflation protection), with…
- Unparalleled downside protection for invested equity, even during uncertain and recessionary times.
CFP, CIMA®, CPWA®, CIMC®, RMA®, and AEP® CE Credits have been applied for and are pending approval.
Co-Founder, Chairman & CEO
Co-Founder, COO & Head of U.S. Strategy
David Bodamer - Host
Executive Director of Content & User Engagement
Wealth Management Real Estate