Most advisors — and especially independent hybrids and RIAs — recognize the importance of succession planning. Yet only about half of advisors have a succession plan, according to a recent WealthManagementIQ survey conducted for Thrivent. The pressure of running a business, inertia and the seeming absence of qualified successors are the reasons advisors typically cite for putting off developing a succession plan.
An unusual combination of current factors, however, make today’s environment particularly advantageous for succession planning.
This webinar, featuring Carolyn Armitage, who heads the Thrivent Advisor Network, will examine the many ways advisors can optimize the opportunities now available, as well as offer specific takeaways that can make an advisor’s succession planning efforts more productive. Specifically, the webinar will discuss:
- Why demand for solid advisory businesses remains so strong despite recent market volatility.
- How private equity investors have spawned a variety of new succession options.
- Why NexGen new hires create succession and exit opportunities that go beyond traditional buy-in arrangements.
- The most common succession planning mistakes.
- What basic succession-planning steps should an advisor take immediately?
CFP, CIMA®, CPWA®, CIMC®, RMA®, and AEP® CE Credits have been applied for and are pending approval.
Brought to you by
Carolyn Armitage, CFP®, CIMA®
Head of Thrivent Advisor Network
Kristin Letourneau, PhD
Vice President, Research
Managing Director, Wealth Management