Since the beginning of the year, stocks and bonds have been under immense selling pressure due to inflation and increasing concerns over a potential recession. In a traditional 60/40 portfolio, bonds generate stable income and reduce risk, while stocks seek to deliver growth and capital appreciation. However, rising inflation has caused the lure of the 60/40 portfolio to crumble and has forced many investors and advisors to look to alternative asset classes such as private real estate to help achieve their financial goals.
Today, more people than ever are considering adding private real estate investments in order to provide inflation-protected returns, passive income and diversification not tied to the public markets. However, entering a new alternative asset class like private real estate prudently requires careful research and due diligence. With a host of investment strategies, structures and managers out there, finding the best fit is key.
In this webinar, Origin Investments Co-CEO David Scherer will provide an overview of:
- The role of private real estate in a client portfolio
- Funds versus deals in private real estate investments
- How to assess a client’s investing options with private real estate
David will also discuss key factors in choosing a fund manager, including:
- How the manager studies potential deals and deal projections
- How the manager chooses deals, and why diversification is critical
- How the manager manages risk and protects capital in all market environments
- Fee structures, manager alignment and client services
CFP, CIMA®, CPWA®, CIMC®, RMA®, and AEP® CE Credits have been approved.
David Bodamer - Host
Executive Director of Content & User Engagement
Wealth Management Real Estate